IFM's Immune Advanced Practice Module (APM)
The Many Faces of Immune Dysregulation and Chronic Inflammation: Chronic Infections, Atopy, and Autoimmune Disorders
Functional Medicine Advanced Practice Modules® (APM) Immune
February 2-4, 2020 in Rancho Mirage, CA | Live Stream Available | Up to 17 CME Credits
This module will focus on chronic inflammation, systemic influences on the immune system, and the consequent dysfunction that may ensue. The Immune APM will supply clinicians with an in-depth understanding of underlying immune mechanisms and offer effective interventions to use even in the absence of a conventional diagnosis.
- Recognize patterns of chronic inflammation or immune dysfunction that will help guide overall evaluation and treatment of patients.
- Broadly understand the physiology and pathophysiology associated with inflammation and immune dysregulation and their associations with systemic disease.
- Elicit and recognize important history and physical exam findings associated with immune dysregulation and inflammation so as to counsel patients appropriately on evaluation and treatment options.
- Evaluate and recognize the most important underlying antecedents, triggers, and mediators of immune dysfunction and inflammation.
- Reframe the patient’s story in the context of the Functional Medicine Matrix Model and a patient-centered assessment, with incorporation of the concepts of antecedents, triggers, and mediators.
- Learn how to evaluate the most useful and reliable laboratory tests associated with immune dysfunction and inflammation.
- Develop and organize individual treatment protocols that include dietary changes, lifestyle modifications, nutraceutical, pharmaceutical and botanical treatments.
IFM is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CME information will be posted in the months leading up to the event. Please check back.
Schedule and Educators
Click here to view a schedule with description of sessions from the last offering of the Immune APM and learn more about the educators below.
Explore Articles About the Immune System
Learn More Now: Proceedings from the 2018 Annual Conference on Autoimmunity
Solving the Puzzle of Autoimmunity: The Interplay of Gut, Genes, and Environment
IFM’s 2018 Annual International Conference on autoimmunity focused on the exploding research and therapies around the interconnected roles of intestinal permeability, genetic disruptors, and various environmental triggers that coalesce to create autoimmune disease.
Watch lectures from educators at the Annual Conference who translate data into actions that can prevent, treat, and reverse the triggers and mediators of autoimmune disease in patients.